Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Solar images from Sept 1 2015

I finally had a reasonably clear day for some imaging . There were no clouds but the air was very humid and the sky was hazy . The native focal length images turned out not too bad but the barlowed shots lack the fine detail that I like to see .
  Bill has been smoked out for most of this summer due to wild fires in his area . The last one came very close to his property and I was very pleased to hear that it was controlled before it reached him .
 I miss seeing his images but know that he will be back posting as soon as things clear up down in Idaho . I am counting on him to fill any voids this winter when I am up to my neck with snow !!
 Anyway here is yesterdays sun , a day late as usual for me !
Mike
Note from Bill -
Great images from Mike as usual!  I just hope that we are up to our necks in snow this winter too.  With the drought in the western US it isn't likely though.  I hope to be able to image real soon.  The smoke is slowly clearing.  There are around 300 square miles of range land smoldering out there.










No comments: