Friday, December 13, 2013

Books About The Sun 

The weather has been hard on Mike's and my imaging attempts so I thought that during the lull in the action I would post a list of books that I have that are about the sun.  I myself never get tired of reading about our star. :-)

The 23rd Cycle
 The 23rd Cycle traces the previously untold history of solar storms and the ways in which they were perceived by astronomers -- and even occasionally covered up by satellite companies.

The Sun's Heartbeat
 And Other Stories from the Life of the Star That Powers Our Planet.

The Sun Observers Guide
A practical guide that explains how to safely observe the sun: what to look for and how to record and photograph solar images and eclipses.

Observing the Sun with Coronado˜ Telescopes
Dated but informative.

Nearest Star
The surprising science of our sun.

The Sun a Biography
This is a comprehensive biography of the sun.

The Enigma of Sunspots
A story of discovery and scientific revolution.
 
Music of the Sun
The Story of Helioseismology



Guide to the Sun
With minimum technical language, this book gives an account of what we now know about the sun's interior, its surface and atmosphere, its role in our solar system, and its relation to other stars.

Restless Sun 
Smithsonian Library of the Solar System

Guide to the Sun 
Might be everything that you wanted to know about the sun.


If I were to start with just one book I think that I would select Nearest Star .  You can also create books through Wikipedia Press.  I had a book printed that contained everything on WikiPedia about the sun.  You can select paper back, hard back, color images, book cover and inscription.  Actually this Wiki book is a must have also.

The Sun
This is a Wikipedia Book, a collection of Wikipedia articles that can be easily saved, rendered electronically, and ordered as a printed book.

Related topics -

A New Sun

The Solar Results From SkyLab

Light Years

An Exploration of Mankind's Enduring Fascination with Light

Light 

A book about a technical subject that anyone can read with interest and understand

 

 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's very cool how you can create and print books thru Wikipedia. I like that a lot!

Bill Griffith said...

I think so too Lou Ann. I will be ordering more as time goes along.