Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Bill's equipment update -

I received the PST Etalon adapter set from AOK Swiss Online http://www.aokswiss.ch/  They were great to deal with and if you are contemplating doing a PST Stage 2 modification and need adapters this is the place to go.  (You will need to use Google translate.)







I also received today a Mini-Lens Pen that was recommended by The imaging Source for cleaning their camera sensor lens.





Tomorrow I will be receiving The Image Source  DMK 41 mono camera.  The frame rate will be reduced from what is achieved with the DMK 21 that I currently use but the resolution is considerably higher.  From the reviews that I have read the lack of frame rate will be off-set by the higher resolution.  I'm hoping that that is true and for some good weather to find out.
DMK 21 Max frame rate - 60    Resolution - 640 X 480 (307,200 pixels)
DMK 41 Max frame rate - 15    Resolution - 1280 X 960 (1,228,800 pixels)

December 05-  I received my DMK 41 today.  Here is a comparison of the sensor sizes.  DMK 21 on the left and the DMK 41 on the right.





7 comments:

Bob Johnston said...

I just received my PST adapters in the mail today, Bill.
Beat Kohler was a great guy to deal with and the adapters themselves look very nice also.
They should do the trick. I really didn't want to "mickey mouse" this part of the mod

Bob

Bill Griffith said...

That is great to hear Bob. I also enjoyed communicating with beat. Great guy. :) I received my DMK 41 today and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Bill Griffith said...

Great post and link to the adapters Bill . I am anxious to see what that monster chip will produce for you .

Bob nice to see that your mod is moving forward , Bill and I were just wondering about that yesterday , all you need now is for KW to get our ERF's in . I inquired last week and it should be soon , I also told them that if they only receive 1 to give it to you . Bob you are quite correct , nothing should be "Mickey Moused" when it comes to solar

Robert Johnston said...

I just wanted to clarify the "mickey mouse" statement that I made.
While reading up on different mods by different people some had used different methods to utilize the PST etalon and some of these included Teflon tape and slightly cross-threading the etalon onto adapters they had on hand and I chose to go with the adapters for the PST.
I apologise if my statement came off as a negative comment on yours or Mikes' methods.

Bill Griffith said...

Thanks Bob. I know what you mean. I have seen some attempts using duct tape, hopefully just for a test. In this medium misunderstandings are so easy to come by that it is better to get a clarification then get it wrong.

Bob Johnston said...

Hey, Mike.
I'm sure that KW will get the Two ERFs' in that were ordered and thank you for your kind gesture.
I was in there the other day and no word was mentioned so I spent my cash on other items for the scope I picked up that day.
I going to find out how well my Hershel wedge does in a ES 127ED.
When I do I'll post it in the forum

Bill Griffith said...

Wow Bob That is a serious scope , Congratulations