Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Imaging Source DMK 41 first images

I have a few images from December 24, 2013.  I finally got to take my new camera, the DMK 41, for a test run.  I am quite pleased with the results so far.  :-)  The conditions were less then ideal but good enough to give the camera a try.  The first two images were taken using my 2.5 Powermate although the sky wasn't Powermate worthy.  The first image was taken using my DMK 21 camera -


The second image is of the same area using the DMK 41 -



The difference in coverage is stunningly obvious here.

The next two images were taken using the DMK 41 and a polarizing filter to lower the light level.  All images slightly cropped to deal with 'Sweet spot' issues that will hopefully be resolved with by the latest modification that I have made to my scope.  
( See Bill's modified scope link.)

Western limb -



Ar1931 and AR1934 -




1 comment:

Bill Griffith said...

Excellent job Bill , love the high resolution .