Monday, March 17, 2014

First Light Images with a New Modded Scope

I have always wanted to try a PST mod in a scope with better glass than my current XLT acro .. The donor scope for this new project was a SkyWatcher Equinox-100 Pro / Fluorite ED APO . I had all the pieces to build a second mod as long as I used the Moonlite that was on my SM 60 , so my 60 is back to original now with the helical focuser . I will update my mod page soon with the details of the new scope .
  The day was clear and wind was not an issue but the sky's were not as steady as I would have liked but the videos were pretty good and the individual frame captures looked impressive to me . I have discovered one thing I will change but so far I am pleased with the initial results .

First Light Captures S/W 100 / PST  900mm FL  March 17 2014

Western Limb with AR 2005 in the upper right



South Eastern Limb AR 2002 area

AR 2005 @ 1.6X


AR 2002 @ 1.6X

Prom and a Filament @ 1.6X



No comments: