Tuesday, October 21, 2014

    After another delay the conditions today worked.  :-)  It rained a bit last night and cleared the air.  With very few clouds today there was only the wind to worry about and it was brisk at times.  I was able to image for a while and I really wanted to get a picture of this new monster sunspot AR2192.  I did.  :-)  I will start with a couple of images with hopefully more to come.  The first image is of what appeared to be a very long filamment.  I have run into this formation in the past and it ends at the limb in solar tornadoes.  Over a year ago i imaged another line of them and I didn't know what I had until I saw a NASA picture of the same formation.  There image was magnitudes more impressive of course. ;-)



Here is my first shot of AR2192 -



From the other side.  AR2191 and AR2187 -


Closer in on AR2192 with the Powermate (Wind was really a problem with this and I might have a better one later.) -


In this inverted image you can better see all the turbulence around this sunspot -



Closer on the big filament -



 

No comments: