Friday, October 2, 2015

There has been a magnificent prom the previous two day.  Mike nor I could image due to our weather and we were disappointed that we didn't catch the prom.  Today my sky wasn't too bad but the wind is high.  i gave it a go anyway.  The big prom is gone and there is an interesting looking one but I will have to see if I got a good capture on this one.  The sunspot activity had lessened also but I made a few videos.

AR2422 -



Here is a shot of the strange prom.  I needed to use my DMK-21 for the higher frame rate due to the shaking from the wind and haze in the sky.  -



AR2428 at the limb I believe -



Again with the DMK-21 and 2.5 Powermate -


One more in mono.  More detail in the prom.  This is all I could get out of the sun today with the conditions.  I would have had this much without the DMK-21's frame rate.  Of course the trade-off is resolution. -



2 comments:

Gr8 Energy said...

What amazing images you were able to capture! People have so much to learn about the sun and solar telescopes can help.

Bill Griffith said...

Thank you for the comment. :-) It is fascinating to be able to see and image our star. It certainly can be frustrating at times when the conditions aren't good. Mike and I would love to have bigger, better solar scopes but for the cost of those, our home brewed scopes will have to do. ;-) As with all other astronomical viewing, you can see more with the camera then with your eye. Thank you again.
Bill