Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Sun Again it's Been a While !

It seems like a long time since I have seen the sun , checking back I can see that it has been almost a month since I have imaged . Bill has done a great job of displaying what I had missed , well done sir !!
  The problem I have with no sun is that I find myself scrounging the used astro market . I have been trying to find a SM 90 etalon for some time now and got lucky , a fellow sold me the second etalon from his double stacked SM 90 . I am hoping that this new piece will open a few more imaging doors for me . So far I have adapted it to fit my 100mm Skywatcher mod to give me a double stacked 90mm mod . Later I will adapt it to some other scopes for full aperture 90mm single operation .
  These images are from the 100mm Skywatcher mod double stacked with the new 90mm etalon .



                                                 New active area 2205 coming into view


                                                                        A closer look



My apologies for the orientation being off , these were a quick test of the new etalon between the  clouds .

No comments: